Adult Vocational Training Grant
Enrolled members of the Native Village of Kotzebue - Kotzebue I.R.A. currently residing in Kotzebue are eligible to apply for a grant to assist with the associated costs in attending an accredited vocational technical institution to gain the skills and training necessary to secure employment.
- The applicant must be a resident of Kotzebue for at least thirty-one (31) days previous to submission of an A.V.T. application
- The applicant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or obtain guardian or parental authorization to apply for an A.V.T. grant.
- The applicant must be unemployed, underemployed, or need training to obtain reasonable employment and intend to accept full-time employment upon completion of A.V.T. services.
- The applicant must document financial need. The applicable federal rules and regulations provide the Education Coordinator with the authority to request and collect information necessary to document financial need. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs and recent I.R.S. income tax reports.
- The applicant must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. or be in the process of earning one during the course of A.V.T.
- The applicant must provide a copy of their Certificate of Indian Blood (C.I.B.), indicating at least one-quarter (¼) quantum Alaska Native or American Indian blood.
- Priority will be given to first time applicants per 25 Code of Federal Regulations (C.F.R.), Section 27.5 (e).
At least ten (10) days prior to the start of vocational training
Application & Guidelines
Download Application PDF (692 KB)
Download Guidelines PDF (131 KB)
Native Village of Kotzebue/ Kotzebue IRA
P.O. Box 296 Kotzebue, Alaska 99752
Phone Number: (907) 442-2321
Toll Free: 1-800-442-3467
Fax: (907) 442-2162
Education & Nikaitchuat Director
(907) 442-5135 Direct
(907) 442-4173 Fax